About Us

RUSHPOINT STORE ESTABLISHED IN 1879, REBUILT ON THIS SITE IN 1899.   


THE ORIGINAL STORE WAS LOCATED EAST OF THE CALVARY CHURCH BALL FIELD ON  THE DANIEL LINDSTROM PROPERTY, AND WAS OPERATED BY SWEN OLSON.

 

C.O. OLSON TOOK OVER THE OPERATION OF THE STORE AFTER SWEN PASSED AWAY.
C.O. OLSON, ALSO OPERATED A MAIL ORDER BUISNESS OUT OF THE STORE, IT   WAS AT THE TIME THE ONLY INLAND MAIL ORDER BUISNESS IN THE UNITED  STATES! RICHARD SEARS OF SEARS AND ROBUCK, WAS AT THAT TIME A CLERK AT  THE RUSH CITY RAILROAD DEPOT ( COULD THIS OF BEEN THE SEED THAT STARTED  HIS EMPIRE? ) LARRY MCDONOUGH, AND FAMILY HAVE OPERATED THE STORE SINCE 1996.